Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kenley On A Roll

Kenley is 7 months old now and has not rolled over...ever...even once...doesn't even try. She just lays there and cries. Ashlyn rolled over from tummy to back the day she turned 3 months old and from back to tummy the very next day. I know that all kids are different, but I can't help but be a little worried that Kenley was behind.
Yesterday I was over at Shelly's house having a playdate with her and our old roommate Christina and her little boy Cason. Christina is a physical therapist so I thought I would bring up Kenley's rolling over issue to her. She showed me how to do some exercises with Kenley to teach her how to roll over by herself. We worked with her for awhile yesterday and I came home with some new exercises and new hope that Kenley might roll over before her 16th birthday.
After breakfast this morning I put her on her mat and started working with her doing the exercises that Christina showed me. I practiced with Kenley for about 30 minutes before taking a little break. After taking a shower, I came back and worked with her for another 15 minutes or so before her morning nap. Shelly came over for lunch today and I told her that I think if I keep practicing with Kenley that she could be rolling over in the next couple of days. I worked with her for about 5 minutes after lunch moving her legs for her showing her that she could do it and then.......




SHE DID IT!!!!! She finally rolled over by herself. I was so excited. It absolutely made my day to see my little Kenley rolling over like a big girl. It was very encouraging to me to see her master this feat. I will blog more next week about why I am so encouraged about this...so stay tuned. Anyway, I put her on her tummy several more times and she rolls over every time now. She probably rolled over 7 or 8 times. I am so proud of her. Go Kenley!

PS. Thank you Christina for all of your help yesterday. This wouldn't have happened without you showing me how to help her.

4 comments:

TxFarmhouse said...

Yippee! Hooray! My Theresa is blessed with such wonderful friends and beautiful children. I can't wait to see my angel baby roll over in person.
Thanks Christina.
Love to all,
Mom

Donna said...

WooHoo! Go Kenley!!! Thanks for sharing and the play-by-play pics are great!!!!

Hugs -

Donna

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

That is awesome and I know this was frustrating when she was not rolling over... but I am jealous that you got 7 months with no rolling over... before you know it she will be running and you will remember the days she wasn't even rolling over. HE HE HE

Christina said...

Thanks for the shout out... but you were the one who did all the hard work. Great job!! And, pretty amazing she let you take pictures of the action... way to go Kenley.