Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ashlyn's First Dentist Visit

When you are a big three year old you get to go to the dentist. So Ashlyn had her first appointment today. I looked like the typical scrapbooking mother taking my child into the dentist at 7:20 am with my camera. Ashlyn was less than impressed with this, but let me take several pictures. As some of you know, Ashlyn took quite a spill a couple of weeks ago at the babysitting co-op at our church. She skinned her nose and knocked both of her top front teeth loose. We had a dentist at our church look at her teeth and he said we were fine to wait until her appointment. Her teeth are still loose and are starting to turn a little darker color which is normal (so I am told). Her dentist said that they will probably tighten back up and all will be fine...whew! I thought I would share with everyone the pictures of our big girl going to her first dentist appoinment. I have to say that I am so proud of her. Everyone that worked with her was saying that she did so good. They said they usually don't get all of the x-rays with a three year old and that all of her were perfect. She was so grown up about everything.

In the parking lot before. We let her take her
blanket because she was nervous. So cute.

Still sleepy in the waiting room

Looking a little nervous

I have sunglasses now...I'm good.

Getting her teeth cleaned. Holding "Mr. Thirsty"

Waiting on x-rays

That was easy...and I get a goody bag!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I can't believe how well she did. Actually, I can, I mean, it's ASHLYN! But that is amazing because I've heard many horror stories about "first dentist" visits. So you got there at 7:20...your appointment must have been at 8:00??? Hee Hee! Oh yeah, BTW, my tooth turned dark (permanent) after falling off the slide at McDonald's when I was little and it regained most of the color.

Unknown said...

Aww, your little girl was cute covering herself with a blanket. Well, kids have their own ways for them not to feel nervous and fight their fears. With how you described it, I think seeing a dentist was just a piece of cake for Ashlyn. She looked cool on the photos -- as if she wasn’t nervous at all. Haha! It’s a job well done. :D

Marg Skidmore