Thursday, April 2, 2009

30 Things I Love About My Life

I turned 30 last week. I think I was expecting something amazing to take place. It didn't. It was kind of just another day for me. I took the girls to school. Watched my brothers kids while they ran errands. Missed my husband because he was out of town on business. Picked the girls up from school. Listened to my toddler scream her lungs out during the entire dinner that my brother cooked for me. There was nothing spectacular about that day. What is spectacular is that God saw fit for me to see my 30th birthday. I was sad several months ago counting down to the day that I could no longer say I was in my twenties. Then one day I found out about a friend of a friend that died of cancer that was only in his early thirties. He had two small children. I started thinking to myself, "Why am I sad that I am getting older? How awesome is it that I get to grow older and watch these two precious girls grow each day!" I have started to see things differently. I noticed a couple of days ago that I have five lines on the inside of my left forearm that I don't have on my right arm. They are pretty obvious wrinkles. I have noticed other wrinkles coming up on my face that I haven't noticed before as well, but these are different. These are the wrinkles that I have from holding my two baby girls. I always hold my girls on my left hip. I hold Kenley there a lot...a LOT! Now I have these permanent reminders to me of all the times that I have gotten to hold my daughters. I have heard the phrase that the days are long, but the years are short. It is so true. My arms get so tired from carrying Kenley, but I know that too soon she won't want to be carried anymore and I will long for it. Okay, there's my sentimental thoughts for my 30th birthday. Here is a list of 30 things that I love about my life.

1. Being able to take Ashlyn to Disney On Ice
2. Family dinners at home almost every night.
3. Having Ashlyn come sleep in our bed on stormy nights.
4. Being able to show Julia places like Lake Tahoe

5. Hearing Ashlyn say her prayers and sing Jesus Loves Me.
6. Pacifiers and pink blankets. They have made my life easier for a long time.


7. My Toyota Sienna minivan (never thought I would be saying that!)
8. Having my daughters live close to their grandparents.

9. Knowing that no matter who the president is or what the economy is like that God will work everything for good.
10. Scrapbook retreats!

11. God providing me with the patience and sanity to take care of three kids this past year.
12. Friday night date nights with my husband...there's one coming up tomorrow, Bob!
13. Hearing Kenley say "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" When she wants to be held.
14. Having a husband that is the best dad I have ever met.

15. Time to hang out with my husband at night and watch Survivor.
16. The Grocery Game. Wooohooo! Check it out at www.thegrocerygame.com
17. Getting to stay at home with my kids every day.


18. Knowing that even though life is a vapor, I will get to be with God in the end.
19. Having good friends that are willing to listen, help and understand.
20. Going to the zoo and seeing my fearless daughter be afraid of a parakeet...Come on..are you serious, Ashlyn?
21. Having a healthy family
22. Being able to go to worship God every Sunday.
23. Having wrinkles knowing that my sweet kids gave them to me.
24. Knowing that my husband loves me, imperfections and all.
25. Being able to go to the orchard to get away from life.
26. Being able to come back home and sleep in my own bed.
27. Seeing my kids play together and love each other so much.

28. Hearing Ashlyn say that when she grows up she wants to be a mommy just like me.
29. Gymboree and Baby Gap.
30. God allowing me to see my 30th birthday and watch my babies grow.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy birthday! God is so good and has blessed you and your family beyond measure. Would really like to plan something for us to get together soon!

Shelly said...

You forgot to add "Being a slave for my friend Shelly and being stood up at the mall." Love that post. You gotta get more efficient at blogging so you can do it more often! :-)