Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busy July

Wow. It feels like forever since I have posted. Things have been pretty crazy around here. We had a great July 4th weekend. My whole family came to visit and we just hung out here at the house and then headed to the Kacsmaryks to watch the fireworks. It was nice to not have an agenda and have to go anywhere. We got to swim and Ken and Joe went to ride bikes. Ken doesn't get to do that very often anymore so the weekend was a nice treat for all of us. Ashlyn decided over that weekend that she wanted to drink coffee. I let her have some (about six parts milk, 1 part coffee, 1 part creamer). I thought she would love it, but she only took a couple of sips of it. She did inform me after I gave it to her that the proper place to drink the coffee was at the coffee table. Here is a picture of her with her first cup of "coffee".

The girls and I loaded up and headed to Nana's house last week to help out after her surgery. It was a busy week, but lots of fun. Ashlyn always has a blast at Nana and Paw Paw's house. Due in no small part to the fact that Paw Paw just happens to come home everyday with a surprise for Ashlyn. Something small, but always something.
As soon as we got back Kenley had her first physical therapy appointment with ECI. It went well although Kenley cried the whole time. She was not overly excited about the stretches. The physical therapist recommended that we get an x-ray done of her left shoulder blade and neck to make sure that the problem is only muscular. She said that she could feel some popping in her back during the exercises. Adding that to the fact that Kenley cried more than most babies, she just suggested to be on the safe side. So we will be getting an x-ray soon. Her next PT appointment is in one month. Hopefully we will be able to show them some progress in her development by then. She is still sweet and cute. Here is a picture of her just being cute. (Shelly, please note the bow.)

I started to feel terrible all of a sudden a couple of days ago and I had no idea why. My symptoms were getting worse by the hour. I felt like I had a terrible case of the flu, but didn't have any other symptoms besides terrible joint pain and stiffness and fever with chills. Long story short, I went to the doctor yesterday morning to find out that I have mastitis. Didn't know that you could get mastitis after nursing for eight months, but FYI, you can. And I don't recommend it. It is absolutely miserable. Today is my first day of feeling better, not quite up to par, but I at least I feel like I can function again.
Shelly was a lifesaver yesterday when I couldn't do much but just lay around and be miserable. She brought Avery over and watched all the girls while I went to the doctor and got my medicine. Then she watched them again while I slept yesterday afternoon. I have to tell you, the playdates with Avery and Kenley are getting better and better. They just had a great time yesterday.



Okay, so they didn't have a great time at all. They have both hit the separation anxiety phase. Well, Kenley has been in that phase since birth, but it has gotten worse. If I am around and Kenley is not with me she is heartbroken and if Shelly is around and Avery is not nearby, she is heartbroken. They screamed we laughed. But I was done laughing last night. I wanted to pull my hair out. But today is another day.
Kenley got her first big girl food last night. Rice-A-Roni with chicken and diced carrots. She liked it all, but the struggled with the carrots. We will probably still keep working on it though. She got a huge smile on her face when I gave her the chicken as if to say, "Wow, something with flavor! Keep it coming!" Here is a picture of her first real meal. Typical Kenley she has to look very serious for the camera.
Ashlyn wanted me to take her picture too. I asked her to take her plate to the sink after dinner yesterday and she looked at me with a very serious look on her face and said, "But Mommy, I am sixteen years old!" This is just a quote from The Little Mermaid, but it is still funny coming from the mouth of a three year old. She has watched way to much tv the past few days. But that is what happens when a stay at home mommy gets sick. Thanks for being such a trooper, Bug. We love you so!

1 comment:

mimi said...

The kids are soooo cute! The coffee table is hilarious. I have to admit, when I was little I wondered why it was called a coffee table. Still wonder. Such a goofy name for a table. Even if coffee was placed there while visiting, why call it something that sits on it?
I'm glad to a picture of Kenley smiling. First one of her smiling on your blog. Also, your new blogsite is darlin'! That took some time.
Aunt Mimi