Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Princess Obsession

To say that Ashlyn likes Disney princesses is the understatement of the year. She breathes Disney princesses. Everything is princess. She has to eat with a princess spoon in the morning out of a pink bowl. She has a hand-me-down nightgown robe that she wears around the house...it is her wedding dress. She wears pink plastic high heels everywhere. She tells me that I have to be the Grand Duke (from Cinderella) and come find her after she loses one and put it on her foot to see if it fits. She believes in her heart that she is Cinderella. EVERYTHING is princess. Consequently, several people that know Ashlyn bring her little princess things. She is always more than excited to receive these little gifts. Today our neighbor brought her several sheets of Disney princess stickers. She was ecstatic. The above picture is what she did with them. She just can't help herself. How cute is that? There are also stickers randomly stuck to other objects throughout the house. I bought her a princess nightgown today that came with a free wand. She walked around the house singing Bippidy Boppidy Boo and saying that she was changing Kenley into a sheep.
Ken watched both girls tonight so that I could go out to dinner with Shelly and have some "me" time. Thank you so much, Ken. I needed it badly. He took both girls to run some errands. He said that Ashlyn yawned in the back seat and said, "Now that's the sound of someone who is tired!" She is so funny.
Kenley is continuing to make progress. Today she got to a sitting position from her hands and knees for the first time. Woo hoo! The exercises that the PT showed me are paying off. She is getting more mobile by the day.

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

That is so cute... you have got to love the little princess... she is darling. I am glad that you got some "me" time with Shelly and with no babies... I know that Shelly likes those times too. Glad to hear about Kenley... God is good.