Sunday, July 20, 2008

Eight is Great!

Kenley was eight months old yesterday. I cannot believe the time is going by so fast. It seems like just yesterday she was so tiny. This month for Kenley has brought things like rolling over, feeding herself rice puffs, separation anxiety, eating big girl food and just in the last few days she has started to try to get on her hands and knees from a sitting position although we are not there yet. I have thought recently about putting her in a Mother's Day Out program this fall to give her some practice at being away from me. I always said that I wanted a little Mommy's girl and I got exactly what I wished for. She cannot stand to be out of my sight. Very sweet, but very tiring. We changed the position that we place her in the crib, car and tub in an attempt to encourage her to look to the left (to help with the Torticollis). She has been getting better about looking that way. She was so cute sleeping last night.



We had a big day today with Ashlyn's friends. We walked out to get the mail and it turned into a little party including:

PLAYING IN THE WATER HOSE


A BEAUTY CONTEST


GOING TO THE CAR WASH


GOING TO A CAR SHOW

We followed all of this up with some swimming. Whew...there is never a lack of things to do around here. Tonight starts vacation Bible school for Ashlyn. She is very excited about going to the same one she went to last year. Naps are over and so is my break. I will leave you with a picture of our sweet girls. There is nothing that melts my heart quite like these two playing together.





2 comments:

mimi said...

Okay, 2 things. First, the 1st picture of Ashlyn standing on the driveway looks just like her mama (Theresa)standing there--same body stance and body shape as a little girl--wow! Secondly, I can't believe the bumper pads in Kenley's bed are so perfect! Her cousin Sadie used to prop her feet on hers so they were always mashed, now she stands on them to get higher in her crib!
Both girls are so cute--keep the pictures coming.
love ya, Aunt Mimi

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

HOw much fun... I love that you are surrounded by good neighbors on your street... I hope that for us some day. Your girls are so cute and I love your blogging... I feel like I am watching them grow up.