Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Kenley!

During my last pregnancy I had wished for a sweet little baby that loved her mommy. On November 19, 2007 my wish came true. Since the day she was born, Kenley has wanted nothing more than to be held and loved on. She would much prefer for me to hold her than to do anything else in this world. It seems like I have held her for most of this past year. I have felt bad at times for complaining about how much I have held her. My arms have ached, truly ached from hours of holding this little baby whose only wish is to be near me. But as I look back on this past year that I have had with her, I think about how grateful I am to have her in my life. I think about how much more my arms would ache if I didn't have her to hold each day. I love everything about this baby. I love her big doe eyes. I love her chubby, kissable cheeks. I love her tiny little nose. I love her long, skinny feet. She is my sweet little angel and I love her so.
We had a party for her this past weekend (will post that later), but we went to dinner tonight with Matt and Shelly to have a small celebration on their actual birthday. I know that I am not the only mother who has bittersweet feelings on this very special day. As I watched her sitting next to me, I thought about how fast this past year has gone for me. It seems like just a few days ago that we brought her home from the hospital. She is growing up right before my eyes. I can't wait for each tomorrow and what it holds, but want to hang on to each today. Here are some pictures from her birthday dinner.
Yummy ice cream!

The family photo

Ashlyn, Julia, and Kenley
Me and my daddy

The two birthday girls

3 comments:

TxFarmhouse said...

What a day of celebration indeed! I can't believe it's already been a year since you and Shelly were on the phone in the labor/delivery rooms talking back and forth giving each other progress reports. God, in His great plan, truly has blessed both families with our twinkies. I love your pictures and I love my girls!
Nana

Shelly said...

Such a sweet blog! I want my next one to love his mamma too, but I won't pray for that quite as hard as you did! Hee Hee! I love these babies!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

That is very sweet and she will treasure your words that you wrote some day... Happy Birthday Kenley... she is so cute.