Friday, November 28, 2008

A Servant's Heart

Sometimes there are things that happen in my married life that make me remember how blessed I am to be married to Ken. Yesterday was one of those days. We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday evening with some friends so that left Thursday to hang up Christmas lights. We were outside working on getting our lights up (Ken was on the roof, I was supervising) when the neighbor came by and mentioned how good they looked. He said that he wished that he could get his lights up on his peaks, but that he was too scared to get up on the roof to do it.
Sooo...after hours of working with our lights, Ken left to go put the neighbor's lights on his house. Now, keep in mind that the Cowboys played yesterday afternoon. Ken had been looking forward to that day for weeks. But he was still putting lights up when they started so he recorded it and started late. My husband has such a servant's heart and I am so blessed to be married to him. I love you, Bob.

PS. For those of you who are thinking I just called my husband something else, don't be alarmed. That is what we call each other....long story.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Monty won't get on the roof anymore. We are revising our light pattern. Kudos to Ken for not only doing your roof, but the neighbors!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

How sweet of you to remind all of us to remember the little things.. I am impressed and I love the bob thing... I have to know that story some day.

TxFarmhouse said...

Ken is a huge blessing to our family. We love ya!

Shelly said...

What a sweetheart! I was actually thinking that I didn't know how we were going to get ours up, and I thought of Ken knowing he wouldn't hesitate to help. We are going to try to work it out, but he definitely comes to mind when I think of people who have a servants heart!