Sunday, November 2, 2008

Holy Cow, Sleeping Beauty!

We had a great time on Halloween this year. Germany doesn't have a trick or treating tradition so Julia got to experience this very American thing with the Rushings. We went to the neighbors house to have chili and let the kids play for a little while. Then right before 7 we left to start trick or treating. Ashlyn was dressed up as Sleeping Beauty. She had waited a long time for Halloween, just looking at Aurora's dress hanging up in our closet. I was going to try to stuff Kenley into the pumpkin that Ashlyn wore for her first Halloween, but that just wasn't going to happen. So Kenley was a cow that we borrowed from Shelly (thank you). Julia was a German teenager. They were all very cute. Aurora's hair didn't last long, but it was cute while it lasted.
Julia doing her thing....just chillin'.
Julia: "Ashlyn, please take a picture with me..."
Ashlyn (in whiny 3 year old voice): "I don't want to take a picture!"
Mommy: "Ashlyn, please stand still so I can take your picture..."
Ashlyn (in whiny 3 year old voice): "I don't want you to take my picture!"
Holy (cute) Cow!

Ashlyn loaded up on the candy and had a blast. It is so much fun to see the number of houses that she makes it to increase each year. Her first year she made it to about 6 houses. We called it quits at about 25 this year. I love these memories!

4 comments:

TxFarmhouse said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!
Nana

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

They are just so cute.. I love the sleeping beauty... how much fun.

Judy said...

The cow costume on Kenley is my favorite! She just looks so content there with her paci. :)
Judy
P.S. I found one pink/black sandal that needs to get to you!

Shelly said...

That is the least smiley I've ever seen Ashlyn in a picture! She's a doll even when she isn't smiling. And Kenley, Kenley, Kenley...you calm little thing. What a cutie! I will forget to tell you this, but I have a Holy Cow font for the Cricut that you will need for those scrapbook pages! VERY CUTE!