Wednesday, September 2, 2009

God's Plan is Perfect

Today was the day of our big ultrasound for our little baby. It is a day that I have been looking forward to since the day that I have found out I was pregnant. I wanted to know so badly if this tiny person was a boy or a girl. I even went so far as to buy the Intelligender test to give me a little hint. Every single person close to me was convinced that this was a little boy and I have to say that with how differently I felt from day one, I was pretty sure myself. So, today when we were told that the ultrasound tech (who has been doing this for 20 years) is 95% sure that this is a little baby girl, it was a little difficult for me to take. I struggle with what to write because some of this sadness that I am having is just a frustration with myself for being even a little disappointed after looking at these sweet pictures. But it is a little sad to say goodbye to little boyish outfits, cars and trucks for toys, and maybe having a little football player in later years. It is difficult for me to process that my sweet husband who is such a perfect daddy to our girls will probably never have a little sidekick to go do boy things with. With all that being said, I know that God's plan is perfect for our lives. God gave us a third little girl because he knows what is best for our family. God knows that we are better suited to have three girls. And apparently He thinks we can afford three weddings :) So I will take today to be a little sad. Although I don't want to feel this way, I cannot help my feelings. I will start thinking of sweet names and picturing her sweet face and tomorrow will be better.
I will be having another ultrasound in four weeks because little one is measuring about 11 days small and the tech was having trouble getting several pictures of the heart and face that she needed to. I cannot wait to see my little girl in a few weeks and I will post more pictures. But for now, here are the pictures of our sweet baby girl. Thank you, God.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Sweet baby girl. I can't wait to meet this one. Your family is perfect. Praise God!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

God is so good girl... and I know you know that... thank you for your honesty on the blog... when you see her face for the first time you will be on your knees thanking GOd for the XX chromosome... I know it.. and if you want a good name... camille is pretty rock solid.. HE HE HE

Judy said...

God's plan IS perfect! Three little girls! What a blessing!There is something special about sisters. :)
Love,
Judy

Blessed Boutchers said...

I admire you for you honesty in you feelings. I think one of the hardest things for me to acknowledge is that God knows us so much better than we know ourselves and will ALWAYS give us exactly what we need. This baby girl will be just as sweet, adorable, precious and perfect as your other two blessings. I know she will bring your family something that was lacking and God knows that. Praise the Lord that He has blessed you with another child!