Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Over It and Thinking Pink!

I wanted to post this blog as an update for all of the sweet people who have asked me how I have been doing since I found out that baby #3 is a girl. Thank you all so much for your sweet words during my moment of self-pity. I have had several people that have made comments (some of whom are having trouble even getting pregnant) on the God's Plan is Perfect blog and even more that have just read it and asked me if I am doing better. The answer to that question is a resounding "Yes!" I did take my day to be a little sad that (aside from a completely changed heart) that there would be no more babies, therefore no boys in our home. I have had dreams of cute little blue outfits and toys that aren't pink or purple and just a little stinky boy to mix things up in the Rushing house. But God saw fit for us to have three girls. So I said my goodbyes to those dreams. And now, less than a week out from finding out that this little one is a she, I can almost not imagine her being a boy. I can now envision our family with three little girls (probably none of whom will look like there mother) running around our house. I think it will be great. Lord willing, I will help three girls with their first makeup, help them through their first broken hearts and get three beautiful girls ready for prom and eventually ready for their wedding. How awesome is that! Anyway, thank you for all of your sweet comments and thank you for being patient with me. I want you all to know that I do feel that God has truly blessed me to have a hand (or tummy) in creating this beautiful new life. Any ideas on the names, send them my way!

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

God is good... pink is good.

Shelly said...

So happy for your sweet family! Avery loves Ashin and Denny soo much! She'll love Weese too! :-)